Our School Council has a very important role in the school. Two Councillors are elected by each class for a term of office of a year. Their work complements the activities of Development Teams as they have a more ‘whole school’ aspect to their work.
This year, in addition to activities below, they are going to be involved in evaluating the success of Development teams as well as reviewing certain school policies and creating child-friendly versions.
Activities previously undertaken by the School Council:
- Running whole school competitions concerning ‘Walk to School ‘week
- Leading tours for parents at our New Parent Induction Meeting
- Involvement in the appointment of new staff to the school with the School Council interview and feedback to Governors.
- Organising equipment for classrooms and playground.
- Appointing the Playground Buddies including short listing formal application forms from children.
- Being ambassadors of the school